Whilst gels and sprays may help for a while on the outside of your body - Osteopathy helps on the inside and the difference lasts much longer!
I hear it from my patients all the time -
"I thought it would (just) go away!"
I know... nice thought! How long did you think you would wait?! Two weeks, six months, more...?
This isn't to say that these first aid treatments won't work - but unless its a simple bruise or of short duration - a few days or so, I have to say - "Get real!" You need to get to the CAUSE of the ongoing problem, not try to patch it with a plaster! Once the cause is gone - so are the symptoms!
You CAN tell to a large extent if a problem is progressing in the right direction. Just ask your body.
Here are some questions to ask yourself which may help though:
- Am I getting more or less able to function?
- Are my symptoms staying the same over time?
- Am I complaining a lot about my symptoms, both to others and myself?
- Have I changed my habits, routines or life choices due to my complaint(s)?
- Am I being stoical, stubborn or just plain trying to forget that there is a problem?
If you are a YES to any of these , then please - do yourself a favour - book an appointment ASAP.
Life is NOT meant to be suffered! Life is for getting the most out of, ALL the time.
By making an appointment you
- get a proper and accurate diagnosis
- get the appropriate treatment
- get to the CAUSE of the problem - not just treat the symptom
- feel back in control
- can get on with life without the complaining
- be referred to another practitioner if this is more appropriate for YOU
- takes the guess work and worry away
- live life to the full!
You may not have pain as part of your symptom picture. You might have a stiffness or loss of power or an awkwardness moving; or even a feeling that all is not 100% mentally or emotionally that you can't quite put your finger on! Whatever it is, Gayle is very likely to have seen and heard it all before!
So - do yourself a favour - just book your appointment. Spend the money and get on with the living! You can't take it with you, but suffering and complaining robs you of the joy of life - and that's a much bigger cost!
To make an appointment please CALL 01243 641665 (versus emailing please).
YOUR health IS My Priority!
© Gayle Palmer / Living Elements Clinic 2017