Hopi Ear Thermotherapy or Hopi Ear Candling is used for a variety of reasons, including
- to remove unwanted wax from the external ear,
- to promote lymphatic drainage to and from the ear and head,
- it is useful for glue ear problems in children and also if you have a
- bad cold/muzziness of the head, It can also help some forms of
- tinnitus if treated early enough.
It creates a pleasant and soporific experience for the individual.
A hollow bees wax candle impregnated with herbs including sage, is gently inserted into the external ear canal and then the other end is lit. As the candle slowly burns down the warmth is transmitted deep into the ear, loosening any ear wax and stimulating the immune function. The chimney effect of the candle then draws out the unwanted wax and debris past a small baffle in one end.
After the treatment the remains of the hollow tube can be opened to reveal what has been removed. Both ears MUST be treated consecutively or the ears balancing functions may be disrupted.
Gayle Palmer has been using this treatment for many years now and her clients always remark how pleasant and relaxing the treatment is.
You can BUY original or scented candles from the shop now, either individually in pairs or as a pack of three pairs.
© Gayle Palmer 2012